- Double Gold - 2011 Wine Lovers' Consumer Wine Judging
- Gold - 2010 All Canadian Wines Championship
- Gold - 2010 Canadian Wine Awards
- Gold - 2012 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2010 Finger Lakes, New York, International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2011 Indy International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2009 InterVin, International Wine Awards
- Silver - 2009 People Choice Award
The 2007 growing season was one of coolest in the history of the Okanagan Valley with a slower ripening of the fruit allowing for pristinely preserved primary fruit flavors, powerful tannins and a firm acid backbone that will give the wines from this vintage a long life.
2007 MAXIMUS is about complexity, balance, elegance, character. This classic Bordeaux/Meritage style wine has intense aromas of black currant, black pepper, strawberry jam, vanilla, cocoa and tobacco. This full-bodied wine finishes with a nice oakey balance, with a long lingering silky finish with soft and subtle tannins.
- Release Date: June 2009
- Price: $29
- Sweetness Code: 00
- Production: only 802 Cases
Pairs well with grilled lamb, beef tenderloin wrapped in bacon, Portobella mushroom stew, grilled steaks, bison or elk and premium dark chocolate.
After meticulous farming, all varieties were kept separate at crushing and during the fermentation. Temperature control, extended skin contact and Pneumatage twice a day give this wine rich colour and extraction with great complexity and balance. The wine was aged for 14 months in new and two year old barrels, 80% French and 20% American. Blending begins two months prior to bottling. The wine is enjoyable now and will continue to improve with careful cellaring for 5 to 8 years.