2007 Pinot Noir Reserve
- Double Gold - 2011 Wine Press Northwest
- Gold - 2010 BC Wine Awards
- Silver - 2010 Finger Lakes, New York, International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2009 InterVin, International Wine Awards
- Silver - 2012 NorthWest Wine Summit
- Silver - 2009 Okanagan Wine Festival
- Silver - 2011 Wine Lovers' Consumer Wine Judging
Grapes from the 2007 PINOT NOIR came from North of Oliver , a very small vineyard owned by a good friend of mine , Lino Barbbieri. The vineyard is six years old and produces 2 to 2.5 tones of grapes every year.. Rich soil, perfect sun exposure, cool nights and the meticulous Lino makes the perfect formula for the moodiest grape on Earth.
The wine boasts of cherry, raspberry and anise aromas and flavors with nice integration of cocoa, spice and vanilla bean .This medium to full body wine has nice soft tannins with long lingering fruit and spice.
- Release Date: June 2009
- Price: $34
- Sweetness Code: 00
- Production: only 115 Cases
Pairs well with turkey, duck, salmon, braised veal, red pasta sauce, wild mushroom risotto.
The Pinot Noir was harvested on the first week of October. The grapes were de-stemed and lightly crushed into open top fermentation tanks. Temperature control during the fermentation,extended skin contact and Pneumatge twice a day give this wine rich colour and extraction with great complexity and balance. The wine was aged for 12 months in new and 2 year old barrels, 70%French and 30 % American. Blending begins two months prior to bottling. The wine is enjoyable now and will continue to improve with careful cellaring for 3 to 5 years.. ONLY 115 CASES MADE.