- Silver - 2010 Canadian Wine Awards
- Silver - 2011 Indy International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2010 InterVin, International Wine Awards
- Silver - 2012 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2011 Wine Lovers' Consumer Wine Judging
The 2008 growing season began three weeks later than normal and cooler then averages temperatures resulted in delayed budding and flowering of the wines. With autumn arriving earlier than expected, grapes were left hanging longer in order to develop the fruit flavors, powerful tannins and a firm acid backbone that will give the wines from this vintage a long life.
2008 MAXIMUS is about complexity, balance, elegance, character. This classic Bordeaux/Meritage style wine has intense aromas of black currant, black pepper, strawberry jam, vanilla, cocoa and tobacco. This full bodied wine finishes with a nice okay balance, with a long lingering silky finish with soft and subtle tannins.
- Release Date: 2010-10-01
- Price: $34
- Sweetness Code: 00
- Production: only 862 cases
· On-line Orders (Free Shipping in BC) · Select Restaurants · Winery Direct
Pairs well with, grilled lamb, beef tenderloin wrapped in bacon, portobella mushroom stew, grilled steaks, bison or elk and premium dark chocolate.
Farmed meticulously, all varietals were kept separate at crushing and during the fermentation. Temperature control ,extended skin contact and Pneumatge twice a day give this wine rich colour and extraction with great complexity and balance. The wine was aged for 14 months in new and 2 year old barrels, 80% French and 20% American .Blending begins two months prior to bottling. The wine is enjoyable now and will continue to improve with careful cellaring for 5 to 8 years.