- Double Gold - 2013 Pacific Rim International Wine Competition
- Gold - 2010 All Canadian Wines Championship
- Gold - 2010 Canadian Wine Awards
- Gold - 2010 InterVin, International Wine Awards
- Silver - 2012 NorthWest Wine Summit
- Silver - 2011 Wine Lovers' Consumer Wine Judging
The 2008 growing season began three weeks later than normal and cooler then averages temperatures resulted in delayed budding and flowering of the wines. With autumn arriving earlier than expected, grapes were left hanging longer in order to develop the fruit flavors, powerful tannins and a firm acid backbone that will give the wines from this vintage a long life.
2008 SYRAH is smooth, complex, balanced and elegant. A spicy and floral wine rich in blackberry and currant, with hints of pepper and licorice with a nice full bodied finish. A French style wine with soft vanilla and toffee notes that complement the fruit with medium to firm tannins.
- Release Date: October 2010
- Price: $34
- Sweetness Code: 00
- Production: only 367 cases
· On-line Orders (Free Shipping in BC)
Pairs well with roasted beef, grilled striploin or steaks, chicken, pork, grilled lamb, rich game meats and medium to strong cheeses.
Temperature control during fermentation, extended skin contact and Pneumatage twice a day give this wine rich colour and extraction with great complexity and balance. The wine was aged for 14 months in new and 2 year old barrels, 80% French and 20% American. The wine is enjoyable now and will continue to improve with careful cellaring for 5 to 8 years.