- Double Gold - 2012 Northwest Winepress Magazine Platinum Judging
- Double Gold - 2012 Okanagan Spring Wine Festival
- Double Gold - 2013 Okanagan Spring Wine Festival
- Gold - 2012 BC Wine Awards
- Gold - 2011 Canadian Wine Awards
- Gold - 2012 Canadian Wine Awards
- Gold - 2012 InterVin, International Wine Awards
- Gold - 2011 People's Choice Awards
- Silver - 2013 All Canadian Wine Championships
- Silver - 2013 Indy International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2013 Lyon International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2012 NorthWest Wine Summit
- Silver - 2013 Pacific Rim International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2013 Savor NW International Wine Awards
- Silver - 2013 Tasters Guild International
The growing season began three weeks later than normal and cooler than average temperatures resulted in delayed buding and flowering of the wines .With autumn arriving earlier than expected, grapes were left hanging longer in order to develop the fruit flavors, powerful tannins and a firm acid backbone that will give the wines from this vintage a long life.
2009 SYRAH is smooth, complex balanced and elegant. A spicy and floral wine rich in blackberry and currant, with hints of pepper and licorice with a nice full bodied finish. A French style wine with soft vanilla and toffe notes that complement the fruit with medium to firm tannins.
- Release Date: September 2011
- Price: $29
- Sweetness Code:
- Production: only 700 cases
· On-line Orders (Free Shipping in BC) · Select Restaurants · VQA Stores · Winery Direct
Pairs well with roasted beef, grilled striploin or stakes, chicken, pork, grilled lamb and rich game meats and medium and strong cheeses.
Temperature control during fermentation,extended skin contact and Pneumatge twice a day give this wine rich colour and extraction with great complexity and balance. The wine was aged for 14 months in new and 2 year old barrels, 80% French and 20% American. The wine is enjoyable now and will continue to improve with careful cellaring for 5 to 8 years.