2010 Maximus Collector's Series
- Double Gold - 2013 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2013 Los Angeles International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2013 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2013 Savor NW International Wine Awards
- Silver - 2013 Tasters Guild International
The growing season began three weeks later than normal and cooler than average temperatures resulted in delayed budding and flowering of the vines. With autumn arriving earlier than expected, grapes were left hanging longer in order to develop the fruit flavors, powerful tannins and a firm acid backbone that will give the wines from this vintage a long life.
MAXIMUS is about complexity, balance, elegance, character. This classic Bordeaux/Meritage style wine has intense aromas of black currant, black pepper, strawberry jam, vanilla, cocoa and tobacco. This full bodied wine finishes with a nice oaky balance, with a long lingering silky finish with soft and subtle tannins.
- Release Date:
- Price: $34
- Sweetness Code:
- Production: only 310 cases
· On-line Orders (Free Shipping in BC) · VQA Stores · Winery Direct
Pairs well with, grilled lamb, beef tenderloin wrapped in bacon, Portobello mushroom stew, grilled steaks, bison or elk and premium dark chocolate.
Farmed meticulously, all varietals were kept separate at crushing and during the fermentation. Temperature control, extended skin contact and Pneumatge twice a day give this wine rich colour and extraction with great complexity and balance. The wine was aged for 14 months in new and 2 year old barrels, 80% French and 20% American. Blending begins two months prior to bottling. The wine is enjoyable now and will continue to improve with careful cellaring for 5 to 8 years.