- Double Gold - 2012 Northwest Winepress Magazine Platinum Judging
- Gold - 2012 All Canadian Wine Championship
- Silver - 2013 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2013 Indy International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2013 National Wine Awards of Canada
- Silver - 2013 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2013 Savor NW International Wine Awards
- Silver - 2013 Tasters Guild International
The 2010 growing season began three weeks later than normal and cooler then averages temperatures resulted in delayed buding and flowering of the wines .With autumn arriving earlier than expected , grapes were left hanging longer in order to develop the fruit flavors, powerful tannins and a firm acid backbone that will give the wines from this vintage a long life.
2010 Quattro is a blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Syrah. This unique full bodied red is boasting of spice, ripe red berries, vanilla and a hint of lavender.
- Release Date: May 2012
- Price: $29
- Sweetness Code: 00
- Production: only 608 cases
· On-line Orders (Free Shipping in BC) · Select Restaurants · VQA Stores · Winery Direct
The wine has supple tannins and is best served with grilled or basted pork dishes, ribs, beef briskets stewed or long oven roasted, richer cuts of steaks such as tenderloin or t-Bone grilled medium to medium rare.
Farmed meticulously, all varietals were kept separate at crushing and during the fermentation. Temperature control, extended skin contact and Pneumatge twice a day give this wine rich colour and extraction with great complexity and balance. The wine was aged for 14 months in new and 2 year old barrels, 80% French and 20% American. Blending begins two months prior to bottling. The wine is enjoyable now and will continue to improve with careful cellaring for 5 to 8 years.